Monday 20 January 2014

New Obsession...

MIU MIU SS14 COLLECTION


There is nothing I look forward to more than researching the latest collection of my favourite designers. I deconstruct the pattern of the garment in my mind to see if there was a possibility I could create my own.
This morning I took a moment to indulge myself in the fantasy pages of my favourite fairy-tale...Vogue. One image that caught my attention was the Miu Miu embroidered dress from the 2014 Spring Summer collection. 


The collection screamed the silhouettes of 60s and 70s fashion, and presented the famous a-line skirt and platform heels in a more modern light. Miu Miu carried on the trend of pastels with a twist as they combined peachy pinks and baby blue candy colours with deep rose reds and fuschia pink colours.


The whole show reminded me of Eva Green in 'The Dreamers'. I imagined a young Parisian girl in her quirky colourful tights and red coat on her way to a movie theatre or the Louvre. The whole collection had a beautiful effortless elegance to the aesthetic of the clothes. The collection, in my opinion, played with the attraction of girly glamour and the sophistication of a young woman exploring her sexual power.

Can't wait for Paris fashion week 2014! Couture shows will begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment