Wednesday 26 February 2014

Fashion Illustrations







Here are some fashion illustrations I have recently created for a personal project I am pursuing. I was looking at Music from the 70s and 60s and mainly Rockstars. I wanted to look at their physical appearance and create designs using visual imagery from the great music. For this I did research into what inspired the songs such as religion, philosophy, space and time travel...

I Focused the project on David Bowie, taking inspiration from his multiple personas and his music. In my opinion Bowie's music is art. Many people define art as a painting on a wall or a sculpture...when people say "I can't even draw stick men" I get so angry! Picasso spent his whole life trying to imperfect his picturesque drawings, not to be 'bad' but to recapture the innocence of a child through childlike drawings. 

To me Music, paintings, clothing, photographs...it's all art and its everywhere and it influences each other.

I drew the Illustrations using Pen and Pro-markers. I then inverted them on photoshop.





No comments:

Post a Comment