Wednesday 26 February 2014

Fashion Weekend at Somerset house Saturday



Today I went to London fashion weekend at Somerset house sponsored by Vodafone. I started the day off with the trend catwalk show for 2014 trends. The show was set up by the outnet and featured many of the trends that I had noticed, lace, florals, sport and metallics. Personally I was surprised by the catwalk show. We were told that the garments had come straight off the runway. However I was both delighted and surprised by Erdem spring 2013 piece in the show. I was expecting to see brand new Christopher can embroidered jumpers from the 2014 show and Lanvin and Tom ford for metallic looks. However I found the pieces in the show were simple but were crafted beautifully with such attention to detail.




One of my favourite looks was the yellow dress. The colour caught my attention from afar and as the model drew closer towards us I saw the fascinating intricate laser cut pattern on the surface of the dress.

Another piece that caught my eye was the stunning blue jacket. The pictures do not give the colour justice. 





Finally this sport outfit seemed to be the highlight of the show. The metallic silver jacket with the bold blue and red latex skirt, was a bold statement look! It combined the main trends of 2014 of sport and metallics.



Erdem 2013 spring collection. Interesting to see this in a 2014 spring summer show....

No comments:

Post a Comment